The dynamic nature of the market means new risks and challenges arise incessantly. Economic pressures and changing business needs demand a fundamental shift in the way companies approach business processes. They must streamline these processes in order to quickly respond to changing market conditions.
Business Process Management (BPM) is the key to meeting these challenges and creating highly efficient and responsive business processes. BPM is a type of management discipline that integrates people, content and enterprise applications by combining a process-centric and cross-functional approach.
The Solution – SoftExpert BPM
SoftExpert BPM improves the visibility and control of business processes with its human-centric and user-friendly interface. The solution promotes continuous improvement of processes across the entire organization. It manages every steps of the lifecycle, from modeling and optimization to automation, execution, and monitoring.
By delivering improved business understanding, faster processes, and greater business impact on strategic planning, the SoftExpert solution allows people to work more efficiently while improving orchestration of complex processes and supporting business goals with real-time business information.
The solution provides a powerful 100% web-based drag-and-drop design tool based on the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standard, allowing for the use of events, process and task activities, decision gateways, swim lanes, and other features to quickly create executable processes. Process designers and developers can quickly model business processes and rules, add users, create user-friendly interfaces and customized forms, and manage enterprise content and related artifacts in a single integrated solution.
Business Process Management – BPM
As a complete solution for automating human-centric and document-centric processes, SoftExpert BPM software solves the challenges of how people interact with their business, through task management and collaboration capabilities. Users can monitor and gain visibility by tracking processes in real time. An instant performance snapshot helps in making decisions and solving specific situations.
SoftExpert BPM also includes enterprise-level capabilities such as monitoring for business activities and metrics, decision management, document management, quality assurance, system integration tools and dashboards. It is able to store process models in a native process repository with full version control, hierarchical categorization, search capability, and role-based security for controlled access to each model. In short, SoftExpert BPM delivers process control to the business while allowing IT to change its focus from maintenance to driving innovation.
Reduces the number of FTEs (full-time employees) needed to perform non-value-added functions within the organization.
Cuts overtime labor costs by automating and optimizing manual tasks, thereby directly reducing outbound cash flow.
Significantly lowers the amount of time spent responding to customer inquiries by continuously improving and monitoring customer service processes.
Eliminates revenue losses by enforcing rules and processes related to strategic planning mandates.
Avoids audit fees by providing a means to quickly create processes to track compliance efforts.
Promotes collaboration between IT and business users to document and implement the process.
Monitors the performance of individual processes or aggregates and potentially identifies trends.
Transforms raw process data into valuable process intelligence to drive strategy and business performance enhancement
Eliminates rework and promotes standardization and transparency throughout the organization, increasing employee motivation.
Ensures real-time visibility and productivity as a result of process automation.
Increases customer retention rate, reputation, market share and revenue by improving customer satisfaction.
Return on Investment (ROI)
Today's business environment demands that organizations redouble their efforts to improve the efficiency of processes that have a positive impact on financial performance.
Organizations looking to grow revenue and decrease costs are increasingly using Business Process Management (BPM) to reach their goals. According to Gartner, 80% of enterprises using BPM will experience an internal rate of return better than 15 per cent.
Increasingly, Business Process Management is seen as a bottom line enterprise application and studies have shown that the ROI on BPM projects has been fantastic, with clients reporting initial ROIs in the range of 100% to 300% and payback timeframes of 6 to 12 months. This is because successful BPM projects are not technology decisions, they are business decisions. Business buyers rave about the ROI and often report 10-times ROI than their counterparts that buy BPM like it was an operating system or some other mundane infrastructure technology.
ROI is typically thought of as the measure of cost reduction or profit increase directly attributed to the investment taken. Commonly, when enterprise professionals discuss the ROI of an investment, they are mostly thinking of “financial” benefits. Today, organizations must also consider the “non financial” benefits of an investment.
Financial Benefits include impacts on the organization’s budget and finances, e.g., cost reductions or revenue increases. This is one aspect of ROI.
Non Financial Benefits are the so-called “intangibles”, “soft”, or “unquantifiable” benefits of an investment. These benefits can represent real ROI and include effects on business operations and productivity that do not directly translate into increased positive cash flow. These non financial benefits are most often centered on business critical activities required to meet the customer, partner or regulatory requirements of doing business. In this case, ROI represents the sustaining of the company’s business rather than increased profit or reduced costs.
SoftExpert BPM software produces positive impacts on five primary categories: Automation, Quality, Compliance, Management and Optimization (cost reduction / performance improvement). These include improved customer satisfaction, enhanced organizational agility, better access to resources and information, and shorter cycle-time.
The benefits calculation for BPM can be both direct, like reduction of workloads for existing staff, and indirect, like productivity or improved quality. Both should be measured for BPM business case efforts.
In conclusion, the majority of projects that have deployed SoftExpert BPM have been successful. There are many reasons for this. The solution offers substantive ROI benefits to three essential communities: the IT/Developer community; the business stakeholder; and the end user. If you combine the ROI effects for these three communities, you can easily get improvement ranging from low double digit benefits (10% and more) to well into the triple digits. This, of course depends on the project and type of application or deployment. But the key message remains that BPM ROI is real and can substantially improve the productivity of IT, the performance visibility as well as performance control for the business owners, and the efficiency of the end user through streamlining tasks and reducing potential errors.
The SoftExpert Business Process Management (BPM) provides the following benefits:
- Reduces the number of FTEs (full-time employees) needed to perform non-value-added functions within the organization.
- Cuts the costs of having overtime work by automating and optimizing manual tasks, thereby directly reducing outbound cash flow.
- Reduces the time spent in satisfying a customer inquiry by continuously improving and monitoring customer service processes.
- Eliminates revenue losses due to the enforcement of rules and processes relative to strategic planning mandates.
- Avoids costs of audit fees by providing means to quickly create processes to track compliance efforts.
- Produces lower costs and higher revenues by:
- Performing faster complete times and shorter processing cycle times.
- Saving costs from higher productivity and throughput.
- Reallocating valuable human resources.
- Creating competitive advantage from market capitalization.
- Improving responsiveness to market opportunities.
- Reducing administration time and hand-offs.
- Eliminating manual errors.
- Creating more efficient data entry environment.
- Reducing support costs.
- Improving ad hoc reporting.
- The investment in SoftExpert BPM will depend upon the business unit size and implementation approach.
Return on Investment (%)
- (((Total Annual Savings x n years) – Initial Investment) / Initial Investment) x 100.
Payback Period (years)
- Initial Investment / Total Annual Savings.
Non Financial ROI:
- Produces motivated employees, and happier customers.
- Improves business agility and readiness by increasing process efficiency.
- Ensures optimum resource utilizations due to process standardization.
- Improves process control, process optimization and rapid change.
- Promotes collaboration between IT and business users to document and implement the process.
- Manages the changes to organizations in terms of roles, structure and activities.
- Integrates with existing applications in a meaningful way.
- Monitors the performance of individual processes or aggregates and potentially identifies trends.
- Dynamically changes the business rules that drive your processes, to achieve your performance goals.
- Increases productivity due to process automation.
- Reduces the time needed to adjust process to changes on the market.
- Provides managers with exception handling capabilities.
- Reduces the number of tasks done manually and automatically decreases the number of resources needed.
- Saves time by centrally managing all business processes.
- Increases customer retention rate, reputation, market share and revenue by improving customer satisfaction.
- Provides integration of compliance management capabilities into current business processes to support regulatory compliance.