The ISO 14000 family of standards provides practical tools for companies and organizations of all kinds looking to manage their environmental responsibilities. ISO 14001:2015 and its supporting standards focus on environmental systems to achieve this. The other standards in the family focus on specific approaches such as audits, communications, labelling and life cycle analysis, as well as environmental challenges such as climate change.
An environmental management system (EMS) is a framework that organizations can use to manage their impact on the environment and improve environmental performance. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
SoftExpert offers the most advanced and comprehensive software solution for compliance management that meets the stringent needs of various global regulations. SoftExpert Excellence Suite helps companies adhere to ISO 14001:2015 while lowering the costs of compliance, maximizing success, increasing productivity and reducing risks.
SoftExpert provides a complete, fully web-based solution that simplifies the control of processes, products and services, environmental aspects and impacts, legal and other requirements, documents, records and audits. SoftExpert is a comprehensive solution that covers all the requirements determined by the ISO 14000 family and related regulations.
Download CenterSelect the materials of interest and fill out the form to download:
There are many reasons why an organization should take a strategic approach to improving its environmental performance and use an IT solution to support it. Users of the standard have reported that ISO 14001 helps:
- Minimize harmful effects to the environment caused by its activities.
- Demonstrate compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees.
- Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication.
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management.
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs.
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems.
- Implement a systematic approach to establishing environmental objectives and targets, to achieving them and to demonstrating that they have been achieved.